Children under 14: Free
Why not join one of Malvern Civic Society’s walks and find out about the fascinating history of Malvern?
– See how Malvern’s famous Water Cure and Spa flourished in the nineteenth century
– Find out about the medieval Priory
– Learn about the town’s Elgar connections
– Hear of notable visitors to the town and the story behind some ‘blue plaques’
– Discover more about the coming of radar
Walks last around 90 minutes. Sadly, due to the hilly nature of Great Malvern, these walks are unsuitable for the less mobile. No dogs are allowed, except assistance dogs. All walks are subject to coronavirus restrictions (please read further notes below).
Walks take place on Saturdays (except the opening Saturday of Civic Week, 19 June) and Mondays (including Bank Holidays) at 10.30am from 17 April 2021 until 27 September 2021, led by knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides from Malvern Civic Society. Other dates may be available by prior arrangement.
Tickets are available (limited numbers) from Malvern Tourist Information Centre and (for walks from 17 May onwards) online through Ticketsource via the Malvern Civic Society (MCS) website. If you are interested in booking a place on a walk, please contact us by phone or email, call in during our opening hours or book online by following the link to the MCS website. Online ticket sales close at 12pm on the day before each walk, but tickets may be available after this time by contacting the Tourist Information Centre. For a full list of scheduled walk dates, please click here, then contact us or go to the MCS website to confirm availability and book.
Read great reviews on the new Trip Advisor page for Malvern Town Walking Tours here.
1. Under social distancing visitors are asked to please book a place in advance via Malvern Tourist Information Centre or online.
2. Until 15 May, group numbers will be restricted to five people, plus the tour leader. This will to rise to eight per group, plus leader, from 17 May.
3. All visitors are asked to wear a face covering, which town guides will also be wearing.
4. All walks are subject to coronavirus restrictions, and are offered on the basis that they may be cancelled on occasion on account of changes in prevailing circumstances. Please check with Malvern Tourist Information Centre to avoid disappointment. There will be no walk on the first Saturday of Civic Week (19 June 2021).
Watch this brief video about Malvern Town Walking Tours
Accessible by Public Transport
Group Visits Available