Malvern Spring Arts Market returns this weekend
Local artists and designers will be offering their goods once again when the Malvern Spring Arts Market returns this weekend. The popular market, which is one of the longest running markets of its kind in the area, will be held on Saturday, 1 May at 10am to 5pm.
Located in the beautiful grounds of Great Malvern Priory, residents and visitors alike will enjoy artists selling jewellery, ceramics, felt work, sculptures, photography, paintings, textiles, and fused glass.
The stallholders will include:
- Jewellers: Sarah Greening, Jacqui Brazier, Duncan Hill, Justine Morris, Ria Poynton, Alison Amos, Sophie Campbell and Richard Evans.
- Painters: Deb Stanley, Chrissy Hunabun, Kristian Hegenbarth, Araminta Fogden, Anna Cummings and Hannah Lawson.
- Photographers: Trevor Hunter and Phil Cooling.
- Ceramics: Jayne Edmunds.
- Potters: Chris Greening, Rachel Pritchard, Ellie Tarratt and Annette Berg.
- Fused Glasswork: Elaine Mason and Anne McFadden.
- Illustrations: Jennifer Chance, Jools Lawley and Richard Jelf.
- Others include: Claire Nicklin (lampshades), Hugh Higginson (Slate bird houses), Deborah Allen (feltwork) and Berg & Bloomfield (woodwork).
The market has been organised by Boffy Arts Markets in partnership with Malvern Hills District Council.
Victoria Carman, Visitor Economy Officer at Malvern Hills District Council, said: “We are so pleased to be welcoming the Arts Market to the town once again. It is a great opportunity to support local businesses. The Malvern Tourist Information Centre, restaurants and shops have also reopened in Great Malvern with covid-19 safety measures in place to ensure a safe visit.”
The Spring Arts Market will take place during the Malvern Well Dressing Festival which will run from Saturday 1 May to Sunday 9 May. The festival will see up to 49 wells and spouts creatively decorated in the theme of ‘Planets and Stars’.
Visit www.boffyartsandevents.com/events for more information on the Malvern Spring Arts Market and visit www.visitthemalverns.org/welldressing to download a map for the Malvern Well Dressing Festival.
You may also be interested in…
Celebrate the town of Malvern’s unique and varied history at this annual festival organised by the Malvern Civic Society…
The Three Choirs Festival returns to Worcester this summer, from Saturday 24 July to Sunday 1 August, with an exciting programme of choral and orchestral concerts, recitals, talks, family events, cathedral services, theatre, exhibitions and more…
Visitors to the Midsummer Garden Life Festival need not worry about foreign travel restrictions as they will be able to experience three, theatrically themed, floral holiday destinations, without the need of a passport or the any need to quarantine…