Escape to The Malverns on a last minute break or day trip this October, and feel the magic of autumn running through your veins. Here’s a list of our highlights:
- Feel enlightened by the mesmerising views with magnificent sunsets.
- Walk through magnificent landscapes’; full of autumn colours on the Malvern Hills and across the Teme Valley.
- Head to The Fold in Bransford for Indian October – a month’s long celebration of Indian culture. Don’t miss the Indian Festival Market, Gandhi Film Screenings, Music, Dance, Workshops and Talks.
- Malvern celebrates its connections with science at the Malvern Festival of Innovation.
- Autumn in Malvern Festival is celebrating its 30th anniversary with a classical music, arts and literature programme.
- Kevin Austin’s Beatle inspired ‘Liverpudlian’ art exhibition goes on display at Malvern Library from 1st October – 31st October 2019.
- We have loads of apples and pears ready to be picked with Bloomfields Farm Shop and Clive’s Fruit Farm offering Pick-Your-Own, and farm shops where you can purchase fresh, local produce straight from the shop – Top Barn Farm and Root’s Farm Shop.
- Learn about about a ‘greener’ living at the Green Fair in Great Malvern Priory. Part of Malvern Enviro-Week.
- Enjoy a scrumptious afternoon tea at one of our country house hotels – Stanbrook Abbey Hotel, Corse Lawn Hotel, The Elms Hotel & Spa, Cottage in the Wood, Colwall Park Hotel or the Bank House Hotel & Spa.
- Don’t miss the Malvern Festival of Transport at the Three Counties Showground on the 13th October 2019.
- Check out this seasons menus at one of the many country pubs and restaurants, including fine dining at Pensons in the Teme Valley, and the newly opened Plough & Harrow in Guarlford near Malvern.
- Take part in the Mud Run at Eastnor Castle on 13th October 2019.
- Malvern Flea Fair at the Three Counties Counties on the 13th October 2019.
- Half-term family fun at Croome (NT) – 26th october – 3rd November 2019.
- Wooooooo spooky events are taking place this Halloween across The Malverns.
- Colwall Apple Day on 5th October 2019 and An Apple A Day on the 18th October 2019. Find out more here.
- Love a pint of the finest real ale, then head to the Teme Valley Green Hop Beer Festival on 4th – 6th October 2019.
- Tenbury AppleFest: More Entertainment than Morris Men can shake a stick at with entertainment, apples galore with animals, classic cars, food, drink and crafts.
- It’s Malvern Caravan Show at the Three Counties Showground from 4th – 6th October 2019.
Top October Markets Across The Malverns
- 5th October – 2019 – Malvern Vintage & Retro Market
- 6th October 2019 – Indian Festival Market at The Fold
- 12th October 2019 – Great Malvern Autumn Arts & Food Market
- 13th October 2019 – Teme Valley Farmers’ Market
- 13th October 2019 – Flea Market at the Three Counties Showground
- 19th October 2019 – Great Malvern Farmers’ Market
- 26th October 2019 – Hanley Swan Farmers’ Market
- Every Friday – Malvern Country Market
To find out what else is happening this October, please search our What’s On database.
What to stay a little longer, check out our fabulous accommodation providers.
Image credit: “Strawberry Fields” by Kevin Austin.
You may also be interested in…