Can you believe it’s the last weekend before the children go back to school? Are you looking to make the most of the weekend? We’ve come up with our top 15 things to see and do this weekend to inspire you. Check them out below.
1) Enjoy the stunning views, and go parasol mushroom spotting on top of the Malvern Hills – rumour has it, there are some large enough you can mistake them for sheep.
2) Head to Malvern Theatres to watch a musical comedy based on the Oscar winning film Little Miss Sunshine.
3) Enjoy the annual firework extravaganza at the Firework Champions event at Eastnor Castle on Saturday night.
4) Listen to our Alternative Bands in the Park with The Jents playing in Priory Park on Sunday.
5) Learn about the fascinating botany on Castlemorton Common with expert Peter Garner – organised by Malvern Hills Trust.
6) Take a Malvern Town Walk with one of Malvern Civic Society’s informative guides.
7) Get your jazz hands ready for the Cottage in the Wood’s Live Jazz Sunday.
8) Take part in some family fun with garden games and a zip-wire on the Valley Lawn at Eastnor Castle on Sunday
9) Eat fresh and healthy, locally produced food and drink at The Fold Market on Sunday.
10) Love dogs, then visit the Grand Fete and Fun Dog Show at the Worcestershire Animal Rescue Centre in Newland and/or the Spot Leukaemia: Dog Walk & Picnic on Malvern Link Common both taking place on Sunday
11) Take the children to one of the play parks including: New Street Play Area, skate-park & Tennis Courts or Tunnel Hill Play Park both in Upton upon Severn, Victoria Park or The Burrage in Tenbury Wells.
12) Hire a boat from Severn Expeditions in Upton upon Severn and enjoy a relaxing morning, afternoon or a full day on the river
13) Visit Croome (NT), to see the Grayson Perry exhibition and to tour the wonderful parkland – ends 29th September 2019
14) If the winds up, climb to the top of the Malvern Hills and watch the para-gliders.
15) Visit the Toy Collectors Fair at the Three Counties Showground.
You may also be interested in…
Malvern Festival of Ideas is back for 2020 with a new theme; A Brave New World…
May 2020 will see the 16th Malvern Walking Festival take place in and around the Malvern Hills…
The new ‘Acorn to Oak’ exhibition, a collection of over forty works by Worcester based artist, Jilly Oxlade-Arnott, celebrating 125 years of the National Trust had it’s official opening on 10 January 2020.