Guided Walk In Upton upon Severn
Join a Blue Badge Tourist Guide for a one-hour walk around the fascinating and beautiful riverside town of Upton upon Severn.
On the walk, you’ll discover:
- Upton’s role in the Civil War, or its near miss in WWII
- The town’s connections with Mary, Queen of Scots, the Gunpowder Plot, and Oliver Cromwell
- The stories of grave robbers who were active here
- Which motor-racing world champion was born nearby!
- Which famous 18th century actress once performed here
Walks will start from the Tourist Information Centre, below the Pepperpot Tower.
The cost is £8 per person (cash/card) and places can be booked by calling 07464 025274 (or just turn up on the day).
Photo: Copyright Philip Halling