Guided Walk In Upton upon Severn
Join a Blue Badge Tourist Guide for a one-hour walk around the fascinating and beautiful riverside town of Upton upon Severn.
On the walk, you’ll discover:
- Upton’s role in the Civil War, or its near miss in WWII
- The town’s connections with Mary, Queen of Scots, the Gunpowder Plot, and Oliver Cromwell
- The stories of grave robbers who were active here
- Which motor-racing world champion was born nearby!
- Which famous 18th century actress once performed here
Walks will start from the Tourist Information Centre, below the Pepperpot Tower, on Saturday 24 July and Saturday 31 July 2021 at 2.30pm and Saturday 28 August at 11am. The cost is £8 per person (cash/card) and places can be booked by calling 07464 025274 (or just turn up on the day).