Malvern Town Walk
Children under 14: Free
Why not join one of Malvern Civic Society’s walks and find out about the fascinating history of Malvern?
– See how Malvern’s famous Water Cure and Spa flourished in the 19th Century
– Learn about the mediaeval Priory
– Find out about the town’s Elgar connections
– Hear of important visitors to the town and the story behind some ‘blue plaques’
– Discover more about the coming of radar
Walks take approximately 90 minutes. Sadly, due to the hilly nature of Great Malvern, these walks are not suitable for the less mobile. No dogs are allowed, except assistance dogs. All walks are subject to coronavirus restrictions (please see further notes below).
Walks run on Saturdays (except the first Saturday of Civic Week, 19 June) and Mondays (including Bank Holidays) at 10.30am from 17 April 2021 until 27 September 2021, led by enthusiastic and knowledgeable guides from Malvern Civic Society. Other times may be available by prior arrangement. Click here for a full list of scheduled walk dates (availability on these dates can be confirmed by contacting us).
Tickets are available (limited numbers) from Malvern Tourist Information Centre and (for walks from 17 May onwards) online from Ticketsource via the Malvern Civic Society (MCS) website. Contact us by phone or email to enquire about purchasing tickets from the Tourist Information Centre, including for alternative dates that may be available by prior arrangement, or call in during opening hours. Online ticket sales close at 12pm on the day before each walk, but tickets may still be available from the Tourist Information Centre.
1. Under social distancing visitors are asked to please book a place in advance through Malvern Tourist Information Centre or online.
2. Until 15 May, group numbers will be limited to five, plus the tour leader. This will rise to eight per group, plus guide, from 17 May.
3. All visitors are asked to wear a face covering, which town guides will also be wearing.
4. All walks are subject to coronavirus restrictions, and are offered on the basis that they may be cancelled on occasion on account of changes in prevailing circumstances. Please check with Malvern Tourist Information Centre to avoid disappointment. There will be no walk on the opening Saturday of Civic Week (19 June 2021).
The Tourist Information Centre is located at The Lyttelton Well Courtyard, 6 Church Street, Malvern WR14 2AY (close the Lyttelton Well Bookshop & Cafe). Telephone: 01684 892289
Malvern Tourist Information Centre
The Lyttelton Well Courtyard, 6 Church Street