Malvern’s annual Walking Festival returns!
The Malvern Walking Festival website opened for bookings from Saturday 1 January 2022, offering a wide range of walks (over seventy in all) from multi-day and full-day walks to half-day jaunts. Themes include Elgar and music generally, farming, heritage, art and history, geology, nature, trees and gardens and breweries and beer.
The walks are graded from gentle to strenuous, so participants will be able to select a walk that’s right for them. The two most challenging walks are the 19-mile Malvern Hills End to End and Back and the 31-mile Worcestershire Way in a Day.
As of Friday 29 April, many of the walks are fully booked. However, that leaves more than 20 with up to 5 places available and half a dozen with 6 places or more. The latter are:
- MWF52 on Wednesday 1 June: a 12-mile walk over the North End of the Malvern Hills
- MWF66 on Thursday 2: a 3-mile walk explaining and exploring the Hills’ celebration of Jubilees.
- MWF71, Friday 3: a 13-mile exploration of both sides of the Hills
- MWF75, also on Friday, but a 5-mile afternoon walk, sticking to the West side.
- Two walks on Saturday 4, 5 and six miles respectively. MWF83 walks with Elgar, taking in his museum and the Hills that inspired him. MWF84 is more down to earth, passing the three pubs on the Hills
- Finally, MWF91, a 12-mile walk through the countryside to the West of Worcester, with fine views of the Malvern Hills
Please visit the website for more detail of the walks or to see whether there have been any cancellations.