Great Malvern Food Festival
Now in its ninth year, the annual Great Malvern Food Festival attracts around 6,000 visitors and has to be added to every food lovers’ diary!
The 2019 Great Malvern Food Festival is kindly supported by Audley Ellerslie and takes place on Bank Holiday Monday 27th May in the very heart of Great Malvern and set beneath the backdrop of the stunning Great Malvern Priory.
The Great Malvern Food Festival is an artisan festival – only selling the very best in locally sourced food and drink from a 50-mile radius.
In 2019, we will have over 60 carefully selected artisan market stalls, selling everything from local cheese and English wine to locally distilled gin and yummy pastries and cakes. A full list of stallholders will be available soon.
Great Malvern Food Festival Highlights:
- Free admission.
- Sample and buy an overwhelming choice of the finest locally sourced artisan food and drink produce from over 60 stallholders.
- Watch cookery demonstrations in The Glebe Cookery Theatre with radio host Andrew Easton from BBC Hereford & Worcester as compère for the day.
- Tap your feet, get your dancing shoes ready and feel the beat with our live entertainment.
- NEW for 2019 – Learn about our local producers at one of our ‘Talks & Tastings’.
- NEW for 2019 – Relax and enjoy some locally brewed beer, fine English wine and distilled gin at The Bar On The Glebe (please drink responsibly).
Cookery Theatre Timetable
The Cookery Demo Theatre will run from 11:30am-5:30pm with a mixture of cookery demos and Talks & Tastings
- 11:30am – 11:45am Croome Cuisine Talk & Tasting
- 12pm – 12:45pm – Our Lizzy Vegan Cookery Demo
- 12:50pm – 13:05pm – Astley Vineyards Talk & Tasting
- 1:15pm – 14pm – Chef Matt Slocombe from Crown Inn in Woolhope, Herefordshire – Starter
- 2:15pm – 14:30pm – Hussingtree Gin Talk & Tasting
- 2:45pm – 15:30pm – Chef Matt Slocombe from Crown Inn in Woolhope, Herefordshire – Main
- 15:40pm – 15:55pm – Lovell’s Vineyard Talk & Tasting
- 4pm – 4:45pm – Prudence Staite – Food is Art – Chocolate Artist
- 5:30pm – End of the day
Kindly Supported by Audley Ellerslie
On the edge of the Malvern Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, lies Audley Ellerslie retirement village. Three Victorian mansions form the centrepiece of the village, converted into 101 one, two and three bedroom properties, all finished with SieMatic kitchens and Villeroy & Boch bathrooms.
At the heart of the village, and open to local Malvern residents, you’ll find the Audley Club with amenities to rival any boutique hotel, including a pool, gym, beauty treatment rooms and Aldwyn’s Restaurant & bar, all on your doorstep to use as you please.