Malvern Town Walk
Why not join one of Malvern Civic Society’s walks and find out about the fascinating history of Malvern?
– See how Malvern’s famous Water Cure and Spa flourished in the 19th Century
– Learn about the mediaeval Priory
– Find out about the town’s Elgar connections
– Hear of important visitors to the town and the story behind some ‘blue plaques’
– Discover more about the coming of radar
The walks start from the Tourist Information Centre (TIC) at 10.30am on Saturday mornings (plus Monday 31 August, Monday 21 September and Monday 28 September 2020). The walks last about 90 minutes. Sadly, due to the hilly nature of Great Malvern, these walks are unsuitable for the less mobile.
Adults: £5 (except 12 & 19 September, when the walk will be free but should still be booked in advance where possible)
Children under 14: FREE
You can book a place on a walk via the Tourist Information Centre (open Monday – Sunday, 10am – 1.15pm and 2pm – 4pm) or online at TicketSource.
Town walks are offered on the basis that they may be cancelled at times on account of changes in prevailing circumstances.
1) Malvern Civic Society is running a temporary programme of town walks to establish the level of interest in this preliminary stage of tourism reopening. This means that until further notice walks will be conducted on Saturdays only (plus Monday 31 August, Monday 21 September and Monday 28 September 2020), starting from 11 July.
2) Under social distancing the Civic Society is asking visitors to please book a place in advance where possible to guarantee a place where one is available. Numbers initially are limited to six (five from 19 September) per group. An additional guide will take a group on 19 September, meaning that there will be a total of ten spaces available on that date only.
3) All visitors on walks are required to wear masks/face coverings, which town guides will also be wearing.
The TIC is located at The Lyttelton Well Courtyard, 6 Church Street, Malvern WR14 2AY (close the Lyttelton Well Bookshop & Cafe). Tel: 01684 892289