- Enjoy a walk around the historic town of Tenbury Wells and visit Tenbury Museum (please check opening times) and visit St. Mary’s Church. Marvel at architecture at the world’s first-ever prefabricated building at the Pump Rooms built in 1862.
- Independent shopping in Tenbury Wells complete with fishmongers (open on certain days), a delicatessen, a luxury hamper shop and a chocolate shop along with gift shops, jewellers and much more!
- Art deco cinema and theatre at The Regal with evening and matinee showings.
- Burford House and Gardens – seven ornate gardens to discover along with a high quality garden centre.
- Kyre Park Gardens – a Lancelot “Capability” Brown landscape with NEW Antiques Barn and Bistro (open Wednesday-Sunday 10am-5pm)
- Witley Court and Gardens (English Heritage)- a stately home ruin with wonderful gardens and parkland and an Andreas and Andromeda fountain which fires water 50ft into the air.
- Great Witley Church – Britain’s finest Baroque Church with Italianate Antonio Bellucci ceiling paintings located next to Witley Court complete with The Garden Tearoom for home-made cake and light bites.
- Pensons Michelin-starred restaurant on the Netherwood Country Estate.
- NEW Unwined Bar and Bistro and the NEW Burger27 in Tenbury Wells.
- Black and white pubs and country inn’s serving local cider, real ale and delicious Country Fayre, pub food and more!
- Stay at The Elms Hotel and Spa in Abberley – a luxurious hotel and spa set in a Queen Anne style mansion house.
- Festival and events calendar including the oldest motorsport venue in the world at Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb – on certain dates.
- Mistletoe capital of the UK with annual Mistletoe and Holly auctions.
- Picturesque riverside walks along the River Teme.
About Tenbury Wells and the Teme Valley
Despite being only around 40 miles from the busy streets of Birmingham, Tenbury Wells is something of a hidden emerald in the region. Having been aptly described as “My Little Town in the Orchard” by Queen Victoria, in late summer the fields that surround the riverside town of Tenbury Wells are heavy with apples, pears, quince and plum trees. This wealth of produce makes the Teme Valley famous for its yearly holly and mistletoe sales, as well as for producing delicious cider and real ale.
Be inspired to visit for a night or choose to stay longer to fully experience the picturesque Teme Valley. There are some great accommodation options, whether you’re after a hotel, a B&B or Inn or prefer staying in a self-catering property, or at a caravan or campsite site. There are a few Glamping options to choose from too!
10am – Arrive at Witley Court & Gardens and take a walk around the stately home ruin and gardens and marvel at the Italianate ceiling paintings dating back to the 17th century by Antonio Bellucci in Great Witley Church (St. Michael and All Angels), and then stop off for morning tea and home-made cake in the Great Witley Church Garden Tearooms.
Drive Time: 20 minutes
12:30pm – Arrive in Tenbury Wells for a mooch around the town’s unique selection of independent shops. Take the Tenbury Wells QR History Trail or pick up a choice of walking trails from the Tourist Information Centre located on Teme Street or download one option here.
Stop for lunch in the town with a choice of restaurants and cafes, including two NEW venues at ‘Unwined‘ a new bar and bistro and the new Burger27.
Travel Time: 10 minute drive
3pm Arrive at Kyre Park Gardens, Antique Barn and Bistro and take a walk around the historic “Capability” Brown designed landscape park. You can hire a hamper direct from the bistro to enjoy a picnic, or you enjoy a refreshment or light bite in the bistro after your walk and a browse around the new Antique Barn.
- Pre-book or find out whether there is availability for an evening showing at the historic art deco Regal cinema and theatre.
- Eat out in Tenbury Wells at a variety of places including Unwined and Burger27.
- Eat and drink in an historic setting at one of the many Black and White pubs serving Country Fayre.
- Pre-book Pensons – a Michelin-starred restaurant on the Netherwood Country Estate
- Search our What’s On database to find out what’s happening across The Malverns.
10am After breakfast and before heading home, visit Burford House and Gardens on the outskirts of Tenbury Wells. This is a picture-perfect setting, set in stunning grounds and gardens. There are so many delightful reasons to explore in the grounds including the lovingly tended gardens, passing river and tumbling wisteria in spring time.
There is a high quality Garden Centre where you can purchase trees, flowers and shrubs for your own home and garden.
Where To Stay in the Teme Valley