Use of this site is provided by Malvern Hills District Council subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. Malvern Hills District Council reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Malvern Hills District Council are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Malvern Hills District Council be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. Whilst Malvern Hills District Council endeavours to ensure the information contained in this site is accurate, it does not warrant that it is error free.
5. Malvern Hills District Council does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Malvern Hills District Council . Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Malvern Hills District Council to use any item displayed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Malvern Hills District Council). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. This site may contain links to other sites, please be aware that Malvern Hills District Council is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and takes no responsibility for their content or availability.
9. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
10. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
11. For details on how we handle the privacy of any data provided by you via the forms on the website, please see below.
Privacy & Cookies
Privacy Notice for Tourist Information Centres
Personal Data held by the Tourist Information Centres
In order to deliver our service it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information on some occasions. This information may include:-
- basic personal information such as address, telephone number, email address;
- Car registration details for parking passes
Who is processing your data?
All personal data held is processed in accordance with data protection law. The Data Controller in relation to the Tourist Information Centres at Malvern and Upton is Malvern Hills District Council.
Why do we collect your information?
We will collect information about you (where applicable):-
- To book and sell tickets on behalf of organisers and companies
- To inform organisers of attendance
- To inform ticket holders of any changes to events
- To contact you regarding future events online via Mailchimp, email, phone or letter
- To contact and book accommodation
- To answer and make enquiries on your behalf
- To issue parking passes on behalf of Malvern Hills Trust
What is the legal basis for us to process your data?
The legal basis for processing the data is
- you have entered into a contract with us
- you have given us consent
Who do we share your information with?
We may share your information with partner organisations, including:-
- Tourism Businesses
- Dudley’s Coaches
- Malvern Hills Trust
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information that is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
How long do we keep your records?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept in accordance with our retention schedule. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to put your request in writing and provide proof of identification to The Data Protection Officer, Wychavon and Malvern Hills District Council shared Legal Service, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT or via email, SAR@malvernhills.gov.uk
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/
Providing Accurate Information
It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you in order to assess your needs and delivery the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please ensure that you inform us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the Data Protection Officer at Wychavon and Malvern Hills District Council shared Legal Service, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT, or by emailing SAR@malvernhills.gov.uk
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at https://ico.org.uk/
We may use technology such as a “cookie” to monitor users of this site such as which areas of the site you use most or least often and how often you use the website. A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user, it is not linked to any of your personal information on our site. It may be possible for you to modify your browser to prevent this happening and you may still be able to use our site. In general, cookies will only be generated for this website by external 3rd party applications such as Google Analytics or Facebook, etc.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy and cookies, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org