From Thursday 2 to Sunday 5 June 2022 Upton upon Severn is honouring The Queens Platinum Jubilee with a cracking calendar of activities. The events commemorate the The Queens reign for the last 70 years – so there’s a lot to celebrate! There will be competitions, cream teas, classic cars, festivals and abundant opportunities for merriment. Fill your diary with these happenings taking place across Upton to toast, honour and salute the occasion…
Upton upon Severn Jubilee Weekend Celebrations – Sat 4 & Sun 5 June
Upton’s celebrations will take place over two days with festive competitions, cake and music.
On Upton playing field 12pm – 4:15pm Sat 4 June:
- Bands in the park
- Tractor Rides
- Giant Bouncy Castles
- Welly Wanging
- Field Games and Tug of War
- Classic Cars
Enter the Upton Jubilee Show! Sat 4 June 2022
£1.00 per entry, children’s categories 20p.
No need to register. All entries to be brought to the Upton Baptist Church (betw. 45 and 45 Old Street, Upton upon Severn), on Saturday 4th June between 9am and 11am. Judging will take place at 11.30am. Exhibition of entries and winners from 12pm – 4pm with tea and cake available. All welcome.
- Crocheted or Knitted Queen
- Royal Crown made from any material
- Flower arrangement including a piece of Royal Worcester
- A Painting fit for the Queen
- Classic Victoria Sponge
- A Royal Potato Head
- A Royal Collage made of Natural Materials
- Decorate an Egg with a Royal Theme
- Four Flapjacks with Royal Filling/Topping
- A forced perspective/optical illusion using Upton’s landmarks
Upton Museum from 12pm Sun 5 June:
- Tea and cake from the WI
- Upton Band – 12pm
- Poppy Sisters – songs from the coronation 1 pm
- The Queens Green Canopy – Harriet Baldwin MP to plant a tree 2:30 pm
- Screening of the Platinum Jubilee Pageant
- Street Party in the High-street (ticketed) 2-4pm
Church Service with a Royal Twist – Sunday 5 June 2022
9.50 am at the Parish Church Old St, Upton upon Severn, Worcester WR8 0JF with a bouncy castle, bacon and more.
Upton’s Right Royal Scarecrow Trail 4 & 5 June 2022
Over the Jubilee weekend there is a “Right Royal Scarecrow trail” – pick up a map from The Upton Tourist Information Office or the Baptist Church to find royalty in Upton and the surrounding areas.
Upton’s Platinum Jubilee Trail Thursday 2 – Saturday 4 June 2022
Join this FREE royal trail, open from 10am – 5pm. Can you find the 19 Crowns hidden amongst the shop window displays to find the location of the extra – special Coronation Crown? Why not come dressed in your Prince and Princess outfits ready for when you find the Coronation Crown? Collect a Trail Sheet from the Tourist Information Centre at The Pepperpot.
Classic Cars in Upton upon Severn – 4 June 2022
See a fleet of classic cars with a prize cup for the Peoples Choice Car. Click the button below to find out how to display your classic car. Taking place from 12 – 4pm, FREE to attend.
The Tudor House Museum Upton upon Severn – Jubilee Craft Fair 4 June 2022
Upton’s local history museum is holding a Jubilee Craft Fair and the museum itself is open for visitors for free.
Mello Festival – 2 – 5 June 2022
A cool family festival that takes place over 4 days:
- World class live music – funk, acid jazz, RnB, Disco, Hip Hop & much more
- 4 stages
- Shopping Village
- Food Village
- Brand new location this year at Quay Pattern Meadow in Upton upon Severn.