Sense Adventures offers guided day activities and mini-breaks to mixed groups of blind and sighted people. This is a chance to explore somewhere new in a safe, friendly environment. The holidays are designed to be fun and inclusive and are open to individuals and couples alike.
Are you visually impaired and would love to explore the beauty of the town of Malvern nestling at the foot of the Malvern Hills? Malvern is rich in history from its mediaeval Priory to the Victorian heritage around the famous water cure and Malvern water. Come and join Sense Adventures for a 3 night stay exploring the beauty of the Malvern Hills with a full day of walking on Saturday and a shorter walk on Sunday. The walks take in the main peaks and ridges of the Malvern Hills. Sense Adventures offers one-to-one guides for walks in mixed groups of blind and sighted walkers in fund and friendly groups. All levels of fitness can be accommodated so just ask if you wish for a shorter walk.
The walks allow you to gain height easily to enjoy extensive views across the Severn Valley to Bredon Hill, the western point of the Cotswolds and west to the Welsh hills.
The break takes places across 3 nights from Friday 10 to Monday, 13 February 2023 and the winter price is £400 per person including 3 nights of dinner, bed and breakfast.
What is included
- 3 nights dinner, bed and breakfast in local accommodation on a twin sharing basis. All rooms have ensuite facilities.
- The provision of one-to-one guides throughout the weekend.
- Transport from Great Malvern, the local railway station: you will be met off your train and driven the short distance to accommodation.
- Guide dogs are welcome. Dog beds will be provided in the rooms and help to spend the dogs as necessary.
- Arrive around 4 pm.
- Check into your room and orientation by one of the Sense Adventures guides.
- Gather in the lounge area for tea and cake.
- Evening meal socialising with guides .
- After a nourishing breakfast you will walk up to the Malvern Hills to spend the day accompanied by a guide on a one-to-one basis and parings are changed throughout the walk. Distance 6/7 miles. Moderate difficulty. The Malvern Hills are accessible with good paths and some climbs.
- Evening meal.
- Enjoy a short walk on the Malvern Hills accompanied by guides on one-to-one basis.
- Afternoon visit to local place of interest TBC.
- Evening meal .
Depart Monday by 11.00 am
For more information contact Dee on 07920 144614 /firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website by following the link below: