A new grant has been launched to help tourism businesses in the district grow and increase visitor numbers.
The Malvern Hills Tourism Grant Scheme, from Malvern Hills District Council, is funded by the UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
The aim of the scheme is to help develop the local tourism industry within specific areas, as well as increasing visitor numbers and improving the visitor experience within the Malvern Hills District.
The scheme plans to support the Malvern Hills District tourism industry to grow over a two-year period, with the opportunity to:
- Encourage businesses to adopt greener practices
- Help with upkeep of local attractions
- Improve visitor experience
- Improve accessibility at attractions
- Encourage festival and event development in town centres
Eligible businesses can apply for a 50% match-funded grant. Grants include:
- Cultural/Heritage Attractions – up to £5,000
- Attractions – up to £2,500
- Sustainable Tourism – up to £2,500
- Festivals and Events – up to £1,000
Victoria Carman, Visitor Economy Manager from Malvern Hills District Council said: “This is a great opportunity for our tourism businesses within the district who would like to grow and develop. I would encourage them to take a look at our dedicated web page and apply”.
Visit the link below for more information about the grant and criteria for eligibility:Tourism Grants