The run up to Christmas can be an expensive time of year so, as part of the Christmas Comes to Town campaign, we have put together a list of free things you can do in our town centres to keep the whole family entertained.
Family Festive Trail
From 25 November until end of December, there is a free Elf Adventure Trail to follow in every town centre. The Elf Adventure Trail features Tiny the Elf beaming into the Malvern Hills all the way from the North Pole. He will teach children the key skills of what it takes to be one of Santa’s Elves.
From 3-11pm between 1-24 December, there is free parking in all Malvern Hills District Council owned car parks, so there’s no need to rush back to your car.
Make the most of the darker nights and take a wander around each town centre to see the beautiful Christmas displays.
Visit Great Malvern’s newest play area in Priory Park which will keep the family entertained for hours. There are also great play areas to explore in Upton-upon-Severn, Tenbury Wells and Malvern Link.
Sightseeing and History
Take this opportunity to visit places on your doorstep that you’ve never been to before. There’s the Heritage Centre in Upton-upon-Severn , the Priory in Great Malvern or The Pump Rooms in Tenbury (pre-booking essential for tours).
Download The Malverns Walking App to discover new walks near you, with many starting in our town centres. There are also lots of free trails, such as The Chronicles of Malvernia, that can be picked up from your nearest Tourist Information Centre.
- 26 Nov: Great Malvern Christmas Festival – from 10am with Christmas light switch on, markets, entertainment and more – Great Malvern Christmas Festival 2022 – Visit The Malverns
- 1 Dec: Great Malvern Priory Lunchbox Sessions – from 12:30pm bring your own lunch to enjoy a seasonal concert from Malvern Parish School – Lunchbox Sessions at Malvern Priory – Visit The Malverns
- 2 Dec: Christmas in the Link – 4-7pm in Malvern Link with an evening of carols singing, Santa’s Grotto, festive stalls, late night shopping with local independent businesses, children’s craft activities, charity tombola and a Christmas tree light switch on. – Christmas in the Link – Visit The Malverns
- 3 Dec: Tenbury Mistletoe Festival – from 10am, come along for the traditional crowning of the Mistletoe Queen, stalls, music, Mistletoe ceremony, workshops and more – Tenbury Mistletoe Festival – Visit The Malverns
- 3 Dec: Christmas in Upton – Christmas in Upton – Visit The Malverns
- 8 Dec: Tenbury Christmas Markets – Tenbury Christmas Markets – Visit The Malverns
- 10 Dec: Light of the World – Christmas Carols at Great Malvern Priory – Light of the World – Visit The Malverns