Fall in love with The Malverns beautiful landscape and wonderful town centres. Great Malvern, Tenbury Wells and Upton-upon-Severn each offer something different, from the things you can see and do and gorgeous green open spaces, to the unique shopping and dining out experiences.
Towns in the Malverns
Each of our towns has its own unique character – Malvern is largely Victorian in character and clings to the side of the ancient Malvern Hills – Upton upon Severn traces its roots further back into history due to its importance as one of the crossing points on the River Severn – and Tenbury Wells has a long agricultural history as one of the key market towns of the area with national importance for apples, mistletoe, holly and hops. See our Top 5 reasons below for why we think you’ll fall in love with each of our towns – Malvern (Malvern Link, Barnards Green and Great Malvern), Tenbury Wells and Upton upon Severn.
This campaign is part-funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund
Top 5 Reasons You’ll Love Malvern
- You’ll love how Malvern is made up of three town centres (Malvern Link, Barnards Green and Great Malvern) each with a different offer, with unique shopping and eating out experiences.
- You’ll love the incredible views across the Severn Valley from Great Malvern.
- You’ll love discovering the historic Great Malvern Priory with some of the oldest stained glass windows in the country (besides York Minster) along with historic 15th century misericords.
- You’ll love our outdoor green spaces, including Priory Park, Rose Bank Gardens, Victoria Park, Poolbrook Common, Malvern Link Common and of course the magnificent Malvern Hills.
- You’ll love our evening entertainment hosted at various venues, including Malvern Theatres, OCC, Malvern Cube, Elmslie House, along with a variety of pubs on the live music scene.
Top 5 Reasons You’ll Love Tenbury Wells
- You’ll love Tenbury Wells for the unique array of independent ‘foodie’ shops and gift shops.
- You’ll love exploring the town and learning about the unique history via the Tenbury Heritage QR Code Trail, visiting Tenbury Museum and seeing the world’s first prefabricated building at the historic Pump Rooms built in the 19th century.
- You’ll love the green open spaces at The Burgage and Palmer’s Meadow and superb children’s play area right behind a main shopping street.
- You’ll love visiting the art deco cinema and theatre complete with beautiful murals by scenic artist George Legge of Bryan’s Adamanta at The Regal.
- You’ll love stopping for a refreshment or a bite to eat at a variety of venues.
Top 5 Reasons You’ll Love Upton upon Severn
- You’ll love how Upton upon Severn is located on the mighty River Severn providing scenic river walks with unique flora and fauna.
- You’ll love how Upton upon Severn is made up of a unique range of independent shops.
- You’ll love exploring the town’s unique and varied past at The ‘Pepperpot’ Upton Heritage Centre and the Tudor House Museum.
- You’ll love the riverside Studio Art Gallery and art workshops hosted throughout the year.
- You’ll love hiring a self-drive boat with Severn Expeditions from the Marina to enjoy spending some time out on the River Severn.